Thursday, October 14, 2010

Starting College

Okay, college resolution : right my blog everyday.. or at least, every other day..
So, so much has been going on since I last post something, these are the highlights, well, no, just some points I want to mention :


1. I chose U of M - twin cities.. It's been going great for now! I really thought I would constantly feel homesick, or intimidated, or have a hardtime finding friends, but, so far it's going well!


2. So, yeah, with that, I left my family. My sister, my brother, my Dad! My Mom stayed with me here for 3 weeks. Oh, by the way, if I haven't mentioned, I'm from Indonesia. Now, I'm studying at America. So, see the connection now? :D


3. I've chosen to not break my soul. Don't ask me what it means. Okay, it means going to clubs. I don't know how I came up with this phrase 'breaking your soul'. It's a bit embarassing. Plus, my roommate and neighbour keep bringing this up! Oh well...
And I WILL go to clubs! Eventually.....


4. My classes, they are pretty good, though I expected more. I guess now I know I prefer small classes. I just feel I'd get more! Well, I still got 7 semesters ahead. Now, it's pretty hard to keep myself from dozing off. But I'm trying!


5. It's really hard to get enough sleep here! Not because of studying (I wish it was!). More because distraction. And because I like our night talk, or more like midnight talk while having our second dinner, tiff! (she's one of my roommate)


6. hmm.. i hear... free food! hahaha.. yeah.. I love eating (hint! hint!) So hello free food! This is awesome! It's like, free food thrown to our face! Plus, I have this friend who has a sixth sense for free food. This is a really, really nice change. 'Cause all the restaurants in Indonesia wouldnt be that awesome. Sad.

7. Grass.. grass.. grass! Okay, I haven't been enjoying it much (sitting on it) But just seeing it is such a nice change from looking at skyscrapers and apartments and malls and all those disgusting building in Jakarta (In Indonesia, I live in jakarta, the capital city)

8. Walking... haaa... Okay, I'm not gooing to lie. Ever since I got my U Pass (for busses), I've been taking the bus everytime, almost everytime I'm going somewhere. But, I really like walking in the night (no, I'm not doing anything shady). I just feel it's refreshing. But, yeah.. The fact that they have sidewalks big enough for us to walk through it (yeah, I'm talking to you jakarta) is so relieving. And, again, such a nice change.


9. I have my own apartment! Well, technically I share this with 3 other people. But it just feels awesome! I have my own room (which is still a bit plain, help!), and... gosh! This is so cool. I'm sorry parents, but moving out doesn't look that bad now.

So, yeah.. but a lot of other awesome things happened and are about to come. So, I'm gonna keep you updated (though the only one who read this is Putri.. :( thank you!). Hopefully if I write more, somehow I'll attract more people.

See ya Friday!

2 comments:

  1. LORAAAAAAA! it's nice to hear your story. gosh how i'd love to just go and live there, especially when i read about the big enough sidewalks!
    and hey, keep writing! and don't just update, do blogwalking! it's a basic trick to keep your blog gets enough passengers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you did attract more blog visitors :-)

    And you are right. Moving out is not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete